VAT and Compliance
Zero penalties or unnecessary charges.
Our Office Services
VAT and Compliance
Over the last decades the tax authorities are placing more emphasis on indirect taxes. The global economic crisis has created the need for the Countries and their tax collection mechanisms to push their tax reform and seek for additional cashflow mainly from modifications in the indirect taxes due to the fact that authorities have realized that by correctly managing these taxes their revenue position improves without significantly impacting the economy.
Due to the above situation, the EU Members have been experiencing frequent amendments to the EU and consequently to their National VAT legislation.
SPL is ready to assist businesses that trade either within Cyprus or Internationally by ensuring that they will keep up with the developments in the VAT area and to receive a proper advice before proceeding with any transaction that may result in non-compliance with a country’s VAT legislation leading to the suffering of unnecessary penalties and charges.
What we can do for your business?
Our experts are ready to review your company’s current tax position and provide relevant advice and planning on indirect taxes, such as VAT, customs duties and excise taxes and we may also liaise with the administrative bodies on your company’s behalf.
- VAT advice and planning strategy to mitigate VAT exposure.
- Assistance to obtain an advance ruling from VAT Authorities and also provide a strategic advice on cross-border projects and transactions
- Assistance and support when you business is under a tax audit or other investigations by Cyprus VAT and/or Customs’ Authorities, including pre-audit reviews and subsequent dealings with VAT and Customs officials.
- VAT compliance services such as assistance with the VAT registration procedure, preparation and filing of VAT and VIES (EC Sales list (VIES) returns, MOSS return, management of the risk of non-compliance, etc.
- Assistance with any VAT recovery procedure.
Private Client Services
We may advise and assist clients on the following:
Income tax optimisation, capital gains tax, and inheritance tax issues with offshore residence
Corporate tax optimisation strategies for family companies
Tax planning for beneficial owners of companies
Tax compliance and domiciliation services
Services via associates
Having the best associates has always been a part of our growth. Our business partners work with us assisting in the implementation of more complicated structures, demands and setups. We can support and provide solutions for your organization in any case scenario. Everything is possible.